When Courtney Cox announced her engagement to Irish musician Johnny McDaid of Snow Patrol, her Friends co-star Jennifer Aniston celebrated by giving her a Guinness chocolate cheesecake at her bachelorette party.
It sounded great and the perfect dessert for a sweet toothed Irish person. Not unlike the Bailey’s Irish cream cheesecake, the Guinness provides a unique take on the classic dish.
And there is no need to worry that the stout may take away from the tastiness of the cheesecake – there is plenty of chocolate mixed in with it!
We have chosen a video and recipe from Carrol Luna.
Recipe for Guinness chocolate cheesecake
For the crust
• 1 cup graham cookie crumbs
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the batter
• 12 ounces dark chocolate, (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
• 2 tablespoons heavy cream
• 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup Guinness Extra Stout Beer
Check out the video from Carrol Luna
Courtney Cox later called off the engagement but the couple are still together…so maybe the whole marriage thing was just an excuse to get some Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake.