Findmypast has announced that this weekend, they will be opening up their archives and giving unlimited free access to billions of records and newspaper pages from all over the world.
That means that between midday on Friday, March 6th and midday on Monday, March 9th (GMT), absolutely everyone will have access to their comprehensive collections of historical records and innovative research tools.
The vast range of historical records include:
* Over 900 million census records from across the UK, USA and Ireland
* Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA
* Birth, marriage and death records dating back to the 18th century, and the largest online collection of UK parish records
* The most comprehensive collection of UK military records anywhere online
* The largest collection of Irish family history records available online
* Historical newspapers from across the world, including more than 10 million British newspaper pages from as long ago as 1710
* An easy to use online family tree builder which allows you to import and export your tree if you’ve built it elsewhere
* Our automatic Hints feature, which automatically searches our records for you and suggests potential matches to the people you add to your family tree
As well as millions of other records that will give everyone the opportunity to explore their family history and bring their past to life.