I’ll fight fraud charges in Ireland, says ex-Anglo Irish Bank boss
The former chief executive of Anglo Irish Bank has dropped his fight against extradition from the US and agreed to return to Ireland to face fraud charges.
Irish investigators have accused David Drumm of conspiring to conceal massive losses from shareholders. He left Ireland after the bank collapsed and moved in 2009 to the Boston suburb of Wellesley, where he was arrested in October.
A March 1 extradition hearing had been scheduled, but during a hearing in federal court, Mr Drumm waived his right to an extradition hearing.
In an affidavit filed with the court he said he would continue to contest the charges in the Irish courts.
It was not immediately clear when Mr Drumm will be returned to Ireland.