RTÉ create Easter Rising International Hub for viewers around the world
Irish broadcaster RTÉ have made their large collection of documentaries, dramas and discussions about the Easter Rising available to people all around the world with a new 1916 Hub.
Viewers can access the programmes via RTÉ Player which is available on desktop, iOs and Android. It is great news for Irish people living abroad and also those with Irish heritage.
RTÉ have created and collected a vast array of interesting programmes about the Rising and are making it available to all in the centenary year.
Some of the highlights available on the Hub include:
• News coverage and analysis across RTÉ’s News Programmes.
• Live streaming of the main State Commemoration on Easter Sunday and other Easter Sunday commemorative events taking place in Glasnevin Cemetery and at Kilmainham Gaol.
• A Nation’s Voice, an open-air concert at Collins Barracks on Easter Sunday featuring 1,100 singers joining the National Symphony Orchestra.
• RTÉ will present Centenary, a celebration of 100 years of Irish culture from the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre which will be broadcast live around the world on RTÉ Player International. Through live and pre-recorded performances from some of Ireland’s most popular artists, Centenary will tell the story of the 1916 Rising and celebrate the country that we have become.
• RTÉ’s 1916 television content cleared for international audiences will be available to watch worldwide for free through the RTÉ Player service, available across Desktop, iOS and Android app. Currently audiences living abroad can enjoy the following 1916 documentaries available now on RTÉ Player; Ireland’s Rising, Life Before the Rising and Ar Son Na Poblachta.
The RTÉ Player Hub will be available from 14th March 2016 and can be accessed from anywhere in the world. To visit the Hub click here.
Take a look at the RTÉ trailer of the programmes that will be available on the International Hub.