It is that time of year when the world’s most established comedians, and the hopeful newcomers, descend upon Edinburgh comedy festival.
Visitors flock from all around the globe to see some of the top talent on show at the famous comedy event.
Some of the most prestigious awards are up for grabs such as the best newcomer and a successful stint at Edinburgh can catapult a performer to stardom.
One of the most popular competitions for both the comedians and public is the Best Joke of the Festival.
Voted for by viewers of TV channel Dave, this year the award went to British Asian comic Ken Cheng.
Like all good jokes, it is simple, and funny.
Here is the man himself to tell it.
— Dave (@davechannel) August 22, 2017
Below is a list of the top 15 jokes from the festival this year, including entries from Irish comedians Ed Byrne and Jimeoin.
Top 15 jokes from Edinburgh Fringe Festival
1. “I’m not a fan of the new pound coin, but then again, I hate all change.” – Ken Cheng
2. “Trump’s nothing like Hitler. There’s no way he could write a book.” – Frankie Boyle
3. “I’ve given up asking rhetorical questions. What’s the point?” – Alexei Sayle
4. “I’m looking for the girl-next-door type. I’m just gonna keep moving house till I find her.” – Lew Fitz
5. “I like to imagine the guy who invented the umbrella was going to call it the ‘brella’. But he hesitated.” – Andy Field
6. “Combine Harvesters. And you’ll have a really big restaurant.” – Mark Simmons
7. “I’m rubbish with names. It’s not my fault, it’s a condition. There’s a name for it…” – Jimeoin
8. “I have two boys, five and six. We’re no good at naming things in our house.” – Ed Byrne
9. “I wasn’t particularly close to my dad before he died … which was lucky, because he trod on a landmine.” – Olaf Falafel
10. “Whenever someone says, ‘I don’t believe in coincidences’, I say, ‘Oh my God, me neither!’” – Alasdair Beckett-King
11. “A friend tricked me into going to Wimbledon by telling me it was a men’s singles event.” – Angela Barnes
12. “As a vegan, I think people who sell meat are disgusting, but apparently people who sell fruit and veg are grocer.” – Adele Cliff
13. “For me, dying is a lot like going camping. I don’t want to do it.” – Phil Wang
14. “I wonder how many chameleons snuck on to the Ark.” – Adam Hess
15. “I went to a Pretenders gig. It was a tribute act.” – Tim Vine