Irish family run tour is one of the top 10 travel experiences in the world
A family run tour on the east of Ireland has been named as one of the top ten travel experiences in the world.
Wild Wicklow Tours was included in the latest list of the planet’s greatest travel experiences by respected travel site TripAdvisor.
The company is run by Denis and Angela O’Reilly. Local guides take visitors on a daytrip of Ireland’s ‘garden county’ which takes in several attractions such as Glendalough, Wicklow National Park and the Sally Gap.
TripAdvisor created their lists by ‘using an algorithm that took into account a business’s reviews, opinions and popularity with travellers over the last year’.
The O’Reillys could not be more delighted with the news.
Denis told the Irish Independent: “It’s unbelievably brilliant. We’re 21 years in business this May… we’ve kept it small and never grown into a monster so we can keep the quality. Our team is spectacular. Their effort has made this possible.”
The world’s Top 10 travel experiences
1. Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan Farmhouse with Local Market Tour from Florence – Florence, Italy
2. Berlin Bike Tour – Berlin, Germany
3. New York in One Day Guided Sightseeing Tour – New York City, New York
4. Sydney BridgeClimb – Sydney, Australia
5. Vatican VIP Experience: Exclusive Breakfast at the Vatican with Early Access to Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel – Rome, Italy
6. New Orleans Cooking Class – New Orleans, Louisiana
7. Rotorua Maori Hangi Dinner and Performance – Rotorua, New Zealand
8. Best of Niagara Falls Tour from Niagara Falls, Ontario – Niagara Falls, Canada
9. Vancouver to Victoria and Butchart Gardens Tour by Bus – Vancouver, Canada
10. Wild Wicklow Tour including Glendalough from Dublin
While Wild Wicklow tour was the only Irish experience to break into the global top 10, there were still plenty of very highly rated experiences in Ireland.
Aside from classic Dublin pub crawls the most popular travel experiences in Ireland, according to TripAdvisor users, were tours and day trips.
A TripAdvisor spokesperson said: “It’s testament to the great experiences on offer in Ireland that a tour of Wild Wicklow has ranked in the world’s top ten, based on the reviews and ratings of its visitors.”
Ireland’s Top 10 travel experiences
1. Wild Wicklow Tour, from Dublin (wildwicklow.ie)
2. Cliffs of Moher, Day Trip from Dublin (extremeireland.ie)
3. Blarney Castle Day trip from Dublin (extremeireland.ie)
4. Dublin traditional Irish music pub crawl (musicalpubcrawl.com)
5. Dublin City Sightseeing Hop-on Hop-off tour (citysightseeing.ie)
6. Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, Burren and Galway Bay Rail Tour from Dublin (railtoursireland.com)
7. Dublin Historical Walking Tour (historicaltours.ie)
8. Ring of Kerry Day Trip including Killarney Lakes and National Park from Killarney, Co. Kerry (derostours.com)
9. Cliffs of Moher Day Trip from Galway (galwaytourcompany.com)
10. Dublin Literary pub crawl (dublinpubcrawl.com)
For more information visit TripAdvisor Traveller’s choice experiences
For more information about Wild Wicklow Tours visit their website
Written by Michael Kehoe @michaelcalling