An Irishwoman has taken to social media to praise a quick-thinking air stewardess who helped her daughter after she nearly ‘choked to death’ mid-flight.
The incident occurred on an Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Izmir, Turkey.
Lisa Murray was horrified about two hours into the journey when her daughter Miley chocked on a pringle crisp and started to turn blue.
She performed the Heimlich manoeuvre on the toddler and was able to clear her airway before a stewardess named Chloe came to her aid.
Chloe held Miley while Lisa and other passengers calmed themselves down after the harrowing scenes.
Lisa posted the following message on social media:“From the bottom of my heart I want to thank Aer Lingus staff and customer service Especially this girl chloe.
“Tonight, I witnessed my child’s life nearly taken from her. She nearly choked to death on the plane, she turned blue choking on a pringle.
“It got lodged in her throat and she was choking she was practically losing consciousness at this stage, but she managed to get it up thank god.
“I was panicking and screaming she’s choking she’s choking and the whole plane was in a panic, The fright of my life I’m still shaking. I’m just thankful that she’s here in my arms now next to me and we can enjoy our holidays.
“This girl calmed the whole plane down and took Miley under her wing as if she was one of her own.
“So professional making everyone comfortable and able to enjoy their flight. Hoping to find her name so I can treat her to a voucher because she definitely deserves it.”
The stewardess was tracked down and wrote on her own Facebook page: “It’s not always about chicken or beef folks.”
More popular articles and videos
Written by Michael Kehoe @michaelcalling