Irish potato candies are not actually an Irish dish but are growing popularity across the Atlantic.
The sweets originated in Philadelphia and got their name due to the fact they look like little potatoes and are usually cooked as a treat on St Patrick’s Day.
They are shaped like potatoes and get their colour from either cocoa or cinnamon.
We found a number of useful videos online and have chosen one by TheFuzzyDragon1
Irish potato candy recipe
– 1/4 cup of softened butter (half a stick / 60ml)
– 4 Ounces of softened cream cheese (Half a package / 113g)
– 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
– 16 Ounces of confectioner’s sugar (More or less One 500g package)
– 7 Ounces of sweetened coconut flakes (2 1/2 cups / 200g)
– Cinnamon (Just enough to lightly sprinkle on the potato candies) Or Cocoa powder…you can go a little more crazy with cocoa! 🙂
Checkout the video below from TheFuzzyDragon1[php] include ‘recipes.html’; [/php]