Holiday website TripAdvisor has released its list of the top 10 Overall Experiences in Ireland.
The site compiled the list based on reviews from travelers who had visited and rated the numerous attractions across the country.
The list is headed with the phrase: “The best activities you can do around the world, according to other travelers who love to do things.”
With the global covid-19 pandemic having a lasting impact on foreign travel, and the lockdown restrictions leaving many facing financial issues, it is expected that a large proportion of people may choose to take a break in this country instead of going abroad.
This TripAdvisor list is a great source of inspiration if you are looking for something to do in Ireland this year.
Each of the top 10 on the list was reviewed by TripAdvisor and they also list local places to stay.
The attractions include great entertainment, food, exercise, scenery, history and much more so depending on your tastes, there is sure to be something that will appeal to you.
Just to be named in the top 10 is a great accolade for these attractions, and of course there are countless more great activities to do in Ireland that didn’t make the list.
Take a look at the top 10 in the list below, and if you want to find out more about them then visit tripadvisor.com.
1. Shenanigans Walks – Guided Walking Tour in Kilkenny
“Very good tour, would definitely recommend.”
Don’t leave Kilkenny until you’ve been on the Shenanigans Walking Tour
2. Howth Peninsula Hiking Tour
“This is a Must Do! Adventure, History, Nature & Great Food!”
Howth Peninsula Hiking Tour – drink in that beautiful coastline
3. Exhilarating Rib experience – Dingle sea safari
“Amazing experience and a must do when in Dingle”
4. Titanic Belfast Visitor Experience and Giant’s Causeway Day Trip from Dublin
5. Dublin Bay Seal Kayaking Safari at Dalkey
“Sunset Kayak Tour (seals may be included)”
6. Game of Thrones Tour From Dublin
“Magnificent Tour and Guide of Ireland”
7. Self-Guided Cycling Tour at Killarney National Park including Muckross House
“Bike ride in Killarney national park!”
8. Irish Rock ‘N’ Roll Museum Experience Dublin
“A whirlwind 1 hour tour where we actually got to meet Phil Lynotts Family and the Family of Rory Gallager”
9. Cliffs of Moher Tour Including Wild Atlantic Way and Galway City from Dublin
“Great tour and great views!”
10. Dublin Secret Food Tour w/ Private Tour Option
“Amazing experience of Dublin’s cuisine with Klaire”