Are you looking to experience more on your next trip to Ireland? Look no further than Scholarly Sojourns’ tour of the Great Castles of Ireland.
Scholarly Sojourns provides wonderful small group, expert-led travel programs that are perfect for life-long learners who are looking to get more out of their travel experience.
Whether that is the opportunity to explore our world with fantastic teachers and other intellectually engaged travelers, the luxury of traveling in a small group (usually no larger than sixteen participants), or the ability to receive exclusive, behind-the-scenes access not available to the public.
When traveling with Scholarly Sojourns, you will experience the trip of a lifetime.
So join Scholarly Sojourns on Great Castles of Ireland this October and journey entirely around the beautiful emerald isle to visit its fascinating structures and wondrous natural beauty.
You will learn the stories that allow us to piece together the history of this island nation. Over the span of this 8-day/7-night sojourn, you will travel under the guidance of historian Paul Martin Remfry – one of the greatest castle scholars of our era – to explore twenty of Ireland’s most spectacular medieval castles.
To request the detailed itinerary for this once-in-a-lifetime travel experience, please visit Scholarlysojourns.com.
- Your sojourn leader, Paul Remfry, is a noted scholar, castle historian, and widely published author who has spent his entire professional life researching medieval castles.
- Extensive tours of 20 of the most significant and stunning castles in Ireland.
- Travel entirely around Ireland and visit each of its provinces.
- Enjoy a scenic afternoon excursion around the celebrated Ring of Kerry.
- Stay in unique, historic hotels, including Kinnitty Castle Hotel and the Culloden Estate and Spa.
- Visit a Neolithic burial tomb at an archaeological site near Newgrange.