An Irish American chef has created a great video showing how to make a delicious ‘Dublin prawn’ dish with Irish salmon.
The Dublin prawn also makes full use of Jameson’s Irish whiskey
Jim Donohue is the Executive Chef at the Fitzpatrick Hotel Group in Manhattan, New York. His video for making the Dublin prawn is easy to follow and the results are delicious.
He created the following recipe and video for Wall Street journal as a special Irish meal ahead of St Patrick’s Day.
Ingredients for The Dublin Prawn
- 1 side organic Irish smoked salmon
- 3 jumbo raw shrimp
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz whipped crème fraiche
- 1/16 oz fresh tarragon
- 1/16 oz chopped chives
- 1/16 oz violet pearls
- 1/16 oz fresh rainbow micro greens
- 3 oz Mary Rose sauce
- 1 Lay out plastic film on large cutting board
- 2 Lightly shingle thin slices of smoked salmon over plastic wrap
- 3 Whip crème fraiche in stainless baker bowl until peaks are stiff, season with kisher salt and black pepper
- 4 In medium sauté pan, lightly sauté seasoned prawns under medium heat until tails curl and shrimp are firm, light and pink
- 5 Arrange cut shrimp on shingle salmon and press roll with plastic film
- 6 Place in freezer and let firm for about one hour
- 7 remove from refrigerator and slice into thin rolls
- 8 Arrange on plate, spoon Mary Rose sauce over salmon
- 9 Garnish with pearls, micro greens, lemon olive oil and fresh chives
Take a look at the video below.