The luckiest streets in Ireland have been revealed by the National Lottery and they show that the fabled ‘luck o’ the Irish’ isn’t necessarily spread evenly across the country.
The extraordinary figures reveal that almost half of the money that was won in lottery jackpots in the last year were from tickets that were purchased in the same ten streets.
There has been a total of €258m won in jackpots this year, with €128m coming from winning tickets in just ten hotspots.
Anybody who ever finds themselves in Barrow Street in Carlow, might want to think about picking up a lottery ticket as it is the luckiest street in Ireland.
There has been €66,188,316 won from tickets sold in Easons in the Fairgreen Shopping Centre.
That is nearly three times as much as the second placed street – Station Road, Portarlington, Laois which has sold tickets that have won a total of €23,845,078.
If you can’t make it to Carlow of Laois, you might try Dublin, which is the luckiest of all the counties with 25 jackpot winners.
The number 14 is the most drawn ball of the year and playing on August bank holiday could be a good idea – last year there were five big winners on that weekend.
1. Barrack Street, Carlow, €66,188,316
2. Station Road, Portarlington, Laois €23,845,078
3. Main Street, Belmullet, Mayo, €13,793,435
4. Londis at The Faythe, Wexford €7,902,685
5. The Ranch Shop and Deli on Forkhill Road, Dundalk, Louth €5,899,439
6. Spar on Upper Baggot Street, Dublin €5,544,864
7. Fountain Street, Waterford €2,578,864
8. Spar on Limerick Road, Ennis, Clare €1,026,063
9. Spar on Drogheda Street, Balrothery, Dublin €1,000,000
10. Centra on North King Street, Dublin €500,023