Ireland Calling
Ireland Calling Store

Search your family tree for free – 10 million Irish Catholic Parish Registers

People with Irish roots have a great opportunity to start searching their family history for free thanks to who have made more than ten million records available online.

The family tree website has published Catholic Parish Registers dating from 1655 all the way up to 1915.Search your family tree for free

The records cover marriages, baptisms and deaths meaning people today have a great chance of finding their ancestors and tracing their family tree.

Indexed from digital images created by the National Library of Ireland, the Catholic Parish Registers 1655-1915 holds 373,000 images and files from more than 1,000 parishes across the island and in excess of 3,500 registers. are making the records available for free throughout March. Rhona Murray is one of the family historians at ancestry. She said: “It makes searching so much easier. Previously you would need to browse them image by image which can be akin to finding a needle in a haystack. Now it is possible to search for a name and have the results presented within seconds.”

Ancestry have more than 55 million Irish records in total, and 17 billion from the rest of the world. They have offices in six different countries, including Ireland where there are 70 people employed.

Their Irish records include details about famous figures such as poet James Joyce and political leader Arthur Griffiths.

Please click on your confirmation email,
Check your junk mail folder in case it gets sent there.

Ms Murray added: “It is the single most important collection for tracing Roman Catholic ancestors in Ireland from the 17th to the early 20th centuries.”

If you would like to begin to search your family history with ancestry for free then visit the ancestry website.

22 thoughts on “Search your family tree for free – 10 million Irish Catholic Parish Registers

1. Linda Fratello

I have some Kilteely relatives, on my late father’s side. My great grandfather James Breen Murnane, born there in 1865. Also, Ryan’s, and Raffertys are our cousins. The Murnanes lived in New York.

04/04/2016 at 5:35 am
  2. Christine Kane

Looking for Kane possibly from Kerry Mary Keane came to U.S. Holyoke, MA.

29/03/2016 at 3:49 pm
  3. Annette Delaney

Ellen Frawley born 1845 daughter of James maybe Killkenny.

27/03/2016 at 10:20 am
  4. Linda Boggess

Looking for Nelen. Spelled several different ways due to immigrating and poor spelling, I’ve seen it spelled, Neylon Nelan, O’neilan (O was dropped when they entered the states) and Kneeland. Pronounced “Neelan”,but, spelled Nelen since the late 1800’s.. Possibly from County Clare…with common names, of John, George, Michael, Patrick, Mary, Catherine, etc. in the mix. They settled in Massachusetts and Rhode Island and some slowly migrated to other New England areas.

23/03/2016 at 1:05 am
  5. Penny Haynes

I’m trying to get some imformation about my late mother Gladys Patterson and her ancestors . I really enjoy the Ireland -Calling page.

22/03/2016 at 5:06 am
  6. Carol Berry

I’m trying to learn about my grandfathers side of the family. He was born and raised in Tipperary Ireland his name was James Francis O’Hickey when he came to the states they dropped the O from the last name. I would like to know if I have living relatives in Ireland. If so, please contact me through my attached email. I would love to eventually talk to you via phone and hope to personally meet one day. Thanks.

22/03/2016 at 2:48 am
  7. Pam Dragan

Looking for anyone with the last name Holland. My great, great, great grandfather was Daniel Holland born in 1833. I think in Cork. He came to America in the 1860s. He married Bridget. Trying to find out more about his parents and siblings.

22/03/2016 at 2:38 am
  8. stounner mckenna

It would please me to the heavens if anyone knows of anything to do with the McKenna grandad Gavin Chittick married Margaret McKenna .moved from Ireland to Scotland.

21/03/2016 at 9:34 am
  9. oliver henson

looking for henson in offaly

18/03/2016 at 10:31 pm
  10. Margaret Murphy

Looking for parents of John Murphy and Margaret Brennan who migrated from County Cork, Ireland in 1840.

18/03/2016 at 8:53 pm
  11. treasa makin

looking for my great-grandfather James Weldon born 1865 in co louth married a mary ann duff in co meath 1890 5 kids later disappeared about 1897-8

18/03/2016 at 8:22 pm
  12. Carol McGuire

Looking for my father’s family-grandfather McCarty grandmother Culter. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

18/03/2016 at 3:43 am
  13. Connie Vanover

Looking for family of Harrison Blankenship.

18/03/2016 at 2:03 am
  14. RoseAnn Cooley

I am looking for information on
    Lynch, Cooley and Harrington families

17/03/2016 at 2:04 pm
  15. Frances van der Wal

Looking for informaion on the Sloane family form Southhampton – John Sloane – my great-great grandfather.

17/03/2016 at 10:12 am
  16. Johanna Sabin

I would like to find out any information about my Grandmother’s family on my Dad’s side. Mary Ann Ryan was my grandmother and she had at least one sibling , a brother called Edmund or Edward Ryan who survived the Totanic. Is ther any information on this family from Co Limerick or Co Tipperary? My grandmother married a John Bermingham of Kilteely Co Limerick. Did she have any other siblings?

17/03/2016 at 9:16 am
  17. Karen Corrigan

Looking for Corrigan and Cassidy

16/03/2016 at 4:19 am
  18. Oliver

Any reilly or Cassidy

15/03/2016 at 7:40 pm
  19. James Joseph Mannion

Looking for my grandparents ancestors –
    Michael Manning/Lovina Sixon(Saxon)Manning,
    James Graham/Elizabeth Cleary Graham.
    Thank you.

11/03/2016 at 12:33 pm
  20. Patricia A. DeLorenzo

I learned recently that our family surname DeLorenzo,or DeLorenzi, means of or from Lawrence, which is an Irish name. I’m trying to find out if our ancestors were originally Irish who married Italians way back in the earlier days. I have a suspicion they were.

10/03/2016 at 10:51 pm
  21. Janice Marlene Downes/Jones

I’m looking for anyone who may be a relative of mine in Ireland. Father is Downs with the e dropped. Grandfather as well. Grandmother is a Mangrum. And the name Cape also pops up.

10/03/2016 at 6:48 pm
  22. Connie Stratz

Looking for other relatives in Ireland.

07/03/2016 at 2:44 pm