Animation explains why Ireland is separated into two countries

Michael Kehoe

Follow Michael at @michaelcalling

1. Kay McElvain says:

I just couldn’t follow this. It was too fast and his accent too hard to understand at that speed. Would love to have a printed copy as this subject is very interesting to me.

2. Lena Chenery says:

Would have been very Interesting but I found the narrator very hard to follow and keep up, it was far to fast and sounded as though he wanted to get it over with as soon as he could! Part way through I just had to switch him off!

3. dermot walsh says:

We are the irish

4. Finoula says:

Good point..Scottish sectarianism was sinister… Orange order oppression and power over police, policy politics was undemocratic and not touched on in this video although the Scottish king plantation was the start …liked that the Scottish were mentioned rather sick of seeing English being blamed for their action when Scots were the hard core group and hidden from view now because of the word Celtic!

5. Deborah L Conroy says:

I am American-Irish( an American who is of Irish and has looked deep into their inheritance), and, as such, is required to hold dear any shred of culture safely for the purpose of maintaining it in all it’s wonderful complexities and ideologies-the soul of our people-to pass to the next generation’s eagerly open hands. Tis largely thru song and dance these tales are told.

6. Tom says:

I agree, as a Scot myself I found the narrator hard so to listen to I gave up before half way, slowing down would have helped a lot.

7. Andy Gibson says:

They didn’t “become part” of NI . Pro British Unionists wanted Ulster for themselves but they would be a minority so they opt for only 6 of the 9 counties as it give them a majority. Even in areas that Irish where the majority the unionists won the seats in elections because of Gerrymandering. Look it up

8. Pamela Close says:

Very good except it was far too fast. The reader sounded like he was in a big hurry, but I guess the video would also have to be slowed down also. I would love to see it in a slower mode. I never knew the history, even though I grew up in Ireland.

9. Shelina Concannon says:

My family originated from Galway, Ireland.

10. M curry says:

Why did two catholic counties in the north become part of Northern Ireland ? My grandfather was from Fermanagh (Catholic) and after they became part of Northern Ireland he left.

11. Anne Maxwell says:

He read that just as fast as he could ……

12. Patricia says:

I come from a long line of Irish heritage on both sides of my family (Garveys and Lawlors) and very proud of it.

13. Andrea Thomson says:

Great article – a little fast but certainly able to understand. Didn’t know that the peace walls have to be down by 2023, long enough out for the goal to be achieved.

14. Harvey Corman says:

While my surname is not Irish I had an Irish ancestor who was dragged away from her home in Cork and sold in Virginia Colony as a indentured servent / slave. I have always wanted to visit Ireland to see my roots.

15. Janice Smith says:

I’m am of Irish heritage. Love the Irish and proud to be Irish.

16. Will Nugent says:

I agree that it was “read” to fast and thus to difficult for me to follow.

17. James McCoey says:

I believe the narrator was reading his script too fast and making his presentation very difficult to understand. This is sad since the information to be presented was very interesting and deserves a better delivery.

18. Richard Madden says:

I have Irish Ancestry and will come day visit my great-great-great grandparents Homeland.