When Courtney Cox announced her engagement to Irish musician Johnny McDaid of Snow Patrol, her Friends co-star Jennifer Aniston celebrated by giving her a Guinness chocolate cheese cake at her bachelorette party.
It sounded great and the perfect dessert for a sweet toothed Irish person. Like with the Bailey’s Irish cream cheesecake, the Guinness provides a unique take on the classic dish.
And there is no need to worry that the stout may take away from the tastiness of the cheesecake – there is plenty of chocolate mixed in with it!
We have chosen a video and recipe from Carrol Luna
Recipe for Guinness chocolate cheese cake
For the crust
• 1 cup graham cookie crumbs
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the batter
• 12 ounces dark chocolate, (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
• 2 tablespoons heavy cream
• 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup Guinness Extra Stout Beer